Saturday, November 27, 2004

Day 14229

Well, I'm heavier today than I was just a couple of days before. I had a terrific Thanksfornothing meal with a family in Paradise, CA that I treasure as my own. We ate well and had generally a relaxing time, diggin' that tryptophan. Finished the day off by watching The Terminal, a movie staring Tom Hanks. We had heard mixed reviews, which puzzled us as it was a good flick. But whatever. Since when do critics actually get it right anyway?!?

Late in the evening, I headed back to the Excremental, CA area. I dealt with about 35 miles of dense fog, with about 1/8th mile VSBY. The drive took longer, but it went safely. Got behind about 4 cars and watched their taillights along with the fog line.

So, as I said, I am heavier. I'm not happy with my weight, so some of it will have to come off. My back just can't take it anymore. I've been getting frequent spasms, which I know are related to a pinched nerve, but still the extra pounds I'm carrying aren't helping matters any. In about 2 months, things should settle down in my district enough to allow me to have the back checked out. I really hope I don't need surgery, but instead just have to do some physical therapy.

Anyway, so tomorrow I will start taking regular morning walks. Get out and see the neighborhood, meet some neighbors I haven't chatted with yet, and scoff at the dogs who will surely bark at me. It will be nice and probably a good stress reliever, as well. I really have missed not going hiking and fishing this past summer, so maybe this will get me back into having some fun that doubles as exercise. Then, come spring, I can get back to my normal warm weather activities of exploring and getting wet.

In addition, I will eliminate my consumption of ice cream. This is a big deal, as I could be classified as an ice cream addict! Rarely an evening goes by that I don't eat some. I even own an ice cream maker. These are evil contraptions that allow a person to concoct the real deal. No imitation flovorings or fat-free substitues. We're talking real milk, real sugar, and pure Mexican vanilla extract, let alone the junk I'd add to those ingredients! Sometimes, it would be whatever seasonal fruit was ripe. Other times, crushed cookies, caramel, chocolate chips, etc. Like I said, pure evil! I want to substitute fresh fruit for snacks, but during the winter months, there just isn't that much fruit that excites me. Who knows though, maybe I'll get lucky and have access to some good pears.

Whelp, the day is done. Fork a stick in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home