Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day 14825

Hey there. Hi there. Ho there. I'm being all covert and such, trying to post a blog entry without Michelle finding out! She's either watching some TV or fell asleep...can't tell, as her back is to me.

So, today was just one of those days where we got to do a variety of things, got exhausted, and just felt like we managed to not waste a day. It started at 7:30 this morning when I went to the nursery to pick up some organic mix for the raised planters one of the Goobers & I built for the front yard. We had overestimated how many cubic yards of soil we needed, so we got to pick up some medium sized tree bark with the funds we had prepaid. The soil just barely fit the 3 planters and the bark was just sufficient to cover the ground around the planters. It looks good and it feels great to finally be finished with my portion of the project. Miss Blu gets to do some planting now.

After a cold shower to get rid of the dust and cool down, we headed out to Whiskeytown Lake for an afternoon of swimming, sun-worshipping, kayaking and fishing. We caught 2 small largemouth bass and a hand-sized bluegill. Not a great haul, but we had enough action to keep it interesting. The real treat was the new kayak. Ok, so it's not-so-new. In fact, I got it used almost a month ago. Anyway, today was it's inagural voyage and Oh-My-FSM, is it fast! It was just amazing how quickly one stroke of the blade was quickly able to move that kayak! Gonna have some real good trips in this thang!

Next, we came back home for another cold shower. Did I mention the heat? It got to 108 today. Just enough to suck the energy right out of you. Anyway, after the shower, we grabbed some quick grub and went to see Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. It was a good 2-1/2 hours long, but worth it. In typical sophomore fashion, it was not quite as good as the original, but still worth paying $2.75 for a box of Original Dots!

All in all, we had a good day and now I'm dog-tired as well. Time to crash!

G'Night, folks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Ha! I was crashed asleep by 10pm! The heat must have worn me out but it was a great day!

I've been crashing early and sleeping poorly this week. I'm sure glad that you'll be back home tomorrow night. I always sleep better when you are home.

*smooch*

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home