Thursday, December 22, 2005

Day 14608

I just finished reading all the blogs I could in one sitting. I have missed you all. It has been so long since I participated in this whole exercise, that I hardly remember how to link anymore!

Anywho, I was about to say that Michelle is sleeping, but it looks like my typing woke her up. "Sorry sweetie!" She is suffering from the onslaught of a cold. Me? I am doing well, except I don't want to sleep. I'm not suffering from insomnia, mind you, I simply want to stay awake. It's almost like I'm afraid I might miss something. Or someone. Maybe my fellow bloggers.

In catching up with you all, I was reminded why I adore many of the ladies (& gents) I've met in person or online. I found incredible wisdom, artistic talent, and humor. I found my High Infidelic sister, my Seemingly All-Knowing Keeper of That Which Matters Most, and, of course, I found my soulmate. She had some tough days leading up to her Christmas break. Sometimes one writes more than one says. That's ok. I really do understand that. I also caught up with the brothers I've never had. They're writers, photographers, musicians, and part-time geeks. They're pretty cool too.

Did I mention I've missed you all?

Well, I got caught up with you - here's the short version of my recent past:

1. Work has settled down. I still travel at least 2 days a week, but the problems have been relatively small ones lately. I'm not entirely sure I enjoy the challenges anymore.

2. Learning how to be an adult figure to two 15 year old boys has been a real challenge. Frequently frustrating. Very. It has also been surprisingly rewarding. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

3. I got Michelle a really great X-Mas gift off of E-Bay (with much distractionary aid from the goobers)! I can't tell you what it is (Cuz she's likely to read this!), but I can guarantee that I probably will never ever surpass or even match it's appropriateness. That's right. From here on out Michelle will feign excitement at the rediculously stupid things I come up with for gifts. (But I'll always get to claim that I got it right once!)

Well, tired or not, I do need some sleep to function tommorow.

Good night and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*blink*

*blink*

*blink*

OMG! You updated!!!!!

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allan said to me, "Oh my God, YIBBYL updated!" LOL.

Nice to see you back. Can't wait to hear what the present is!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It's wonderful to see you writing again!

What'd ya get? Huh? Huh?
Enquiring minds wanna know!

Have I told you lately that I love you? I do.

~M~

1:40 PM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

We've missed you. I'm glad to see you're blogging again, and I'll try to stop by more often now that you are!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home