Saturday, December 04, 2004

Day 14236

So, I am back from travelling to several of the locations in my district. The trip went well, with significantly more positive comments than negative being posted in my notebook.

I also got a pleasant surprise upon returning home; I was missed. It seems that my posts to this blog have been regular enough to warrant concern when they didn't show up over the last few days. A few people called and/or e-mailed me to make sure I was OK.

It's an interestingly pleasant feeling to find out I was missed. I have gone through significant periods in the past where I hadn't taken the time to stay in touch with the people I really care about. You could call it being lazy, selfish, depressed, whatever. Point is, I didn't make the effort. Taking notice of others' effort really made me realize how much it would have meant to those I love if I had only made the effort. Even a short note would have at least let those I care for know I was thinking of them. I need to do a better job of letting my loved ones know they're loved. I might even try this before New Year's day and its accompanying resolutions!

Anyway, I feel warm and fuzzy. I'm happy to know I'm loved. I'm smiling. I can't think of a better time to go to bed. I'm going to do that now, but first...

Mom, I love you and really miss you. I often think about my trip back there in August and smile. It was so nice to talk to you and really talk. Also, I enjoyed talking to Larry and I wish I could offer him a job out here.

My brother, Paul, I enjoyed our visit so much that I seriously was questioning you about that business with a point of view of a future partner. I would have started making plans to move back there had I not been promoted. The thought of working with you was exciting!

Will, I am not mad at you. My lack of contact has stemmed from a bout of depression and a guilt about not finishing up your banjo. I miss you, Lisa, and Paisley and thought of you when I was in Stormy's on Thursday night. All the old-school crowd was there, even Tracy, who's daughter is now 3 years old!

Sean and Andy. I haven't visited because of car trouble and from being in a funk over Eric's death. Also, it is not easy for me to be around couples when I feel like a third wheel. I'm happy you both have found someone special to share your lives with, I just feel out of place doing the typical "couples activities". We need to make concrete plans to go deep sea fishing this spring.

The are many of you who I have not mentioned by name who I love dearly. I wish I had shown it more over the last couple of years. I did miss your company and would have written, called or visited if funds, time, and a whole lot of other excuses hadn't gave me an opportunity to close myself off to you people. My funk probably lasted longer because of our lack of contact. Fortunately, no more of us passed away and we can still make an effort to keep in touch.

Much love to all. Good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

That was inspiring.

Welcome back.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home