Thursday, December 09, 2004

Day 14241

This is on several of the blogs I read. I poached this outright from Miss Alison. She got it from someone else. (You can't hear me, but believe me, I'm laughing my collective glutes off!) Anyone else familiar with this song?

"I Got It From Agnes" - Tom Lehrer
I love my friends, and they love me,

We're just as close as we can be.
And just because we really care,
Whatever we get, we share!

I got it from Agnes,
She got it from Jim.
We all agree it must have been
Louise who gave it to him.

She got it from Harry,
Who got it from Marie,
And everybody knows that Marie
Got it from me.

Giles got it from Daphne,
She got it from Joan,
Who picked it up in County Cork,
A-kissin' the Blarney Stone.

Pierre gave it to Sheila,
Who must have brought it there.
He got it from Francois and Jacques,
Haha, Lucky Pierre!

Max got it from Edith,
Who gets it every spring.
She got it from her Daddy,
Who just gives her everything.

She then gave it to Daniel,
Whose spaniel has it now.
Our dentist even got it,
And we're still wondering how.

Ah, but I got it from Agnes,
Or maybe it was Sue,
Or Millie or Billie or Gillie or Willie,
It doesn't matter who.

It might have been at the club,
Or at the pub, or in the loo,
And if you will be my friend,
Then I might...(Mind you, I said "might")...
Give it to you!
Anyway. As I was saying, I poached this from Alison:

38 Qs

1) name the last four things you have bought:
1. New selenoid for truck
2. Worst lunch ever from Jimboys Tacos
3. Plain donuts, milk and OJ for breakfast
4. Obsidian Stout

2) name four drinks you regularly drink :
1. Milk
2. OJ
3. Beer
4. Red wines

3) last time you cried? Saturday night because of something Joseph wrote
4) what’s in your cd player? Good question...apparantly, Eels - Electro-Shock Blues
5) what’s under your bed? Dust, flashlight, a hiking magazine, and a bayonet
6) what time did you wake up today? 6:40 am
7) current hair? Brown
8) current clothes? Sadly, still in my work shirt and denim jeans
9) current desktop picture? See post titled Day 14237
10) current worry? That I'm not taking good enough care of my body
11) current hate? Insurance companies
12) favorite places to be? Brookings, OR and Little Jamaica, AZ (Sorry, not on any map)
13) least favorite place? Child-beating section of any mass transit vehicle or store
14) if you could play an instrument? Lately, I've been wanting to learn the concertina
15) favorite color(s)? Green
16) how tall are you? 6'2"
17) favorite expression? "F*** me gently with a chainsaw!"
18) one person from your past you wish you could talk to: Eric
19) favorite day(s)? Saturday
20) where would you like to go right now? To bed in Corvallis, OR
21) where do you want to live when you get married? Coos Bay, OR
22) favorite food? Seafood
23) color of most clothes you own? White
24) number of pillows you sleep with? Two...they're thin
25) what do you wear when you go to sleep: Shorts
26) what were you doing 12am last night: Sleeping
27) how old will you be in 10 years: 48
28) what do you think you’ll be doing in 10 years: At this hour, sleeping (or not) in bed
29) do you have braces? Nope
30) are you paranoid?!
Sometimes
31) do you burn or tan?
Depends on how long I'm in direct sunlight
32) what is the brand of your wallet? Hate wallets, I use a business card holder instead
33) first piercing/tattoo? Left ear in HS / No tats...I hate needles...Yet, tattoo still wanted
34) first enemy? The winter season
35) last person you yelled at? I don't remember the last time
36) last crush? A bank teller named Sarah
37) last thing you ate? Fresh pear
38) the last time you had sex it was...? Better than left-handed sex!

3 Comments:

Blogger Yibbyl said...

Actually, I'm not left-handed, sometimes I just need a little variety!

Oops! I swear I was ambushed by that typo. How's this?

8:26 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo said...

Sorry about the Saturday night cry thing, Yibby. Whatever piece it was in the book probably should have been written with much more compassion for the reader. I am a shameless sentimentalist and, more often than not, it taints my most inconsiderate work. ;-)

Tears are nothing if not contemporary waste . . . serving a necessary function, that is.

8:59 PM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

We all seem to have jacked the 38 from Ali and made it our own. I did too...

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home