Friday, December 10, 2004

Day 14242

So, I have been walking in the morning in an effort to get into better shape. I also thought it might give me a chance to meet some of the neighbors. Well, I've found no neighbors. Instead, I regularly see kids presumably walking back home. They usually are carrying a pillow and a blanket. This goes on every day, not just on weekends. I would add that most of these kids appear to be in either junior high or high school.

OK, let's cut to the chase. Are these kids really free to sleep over at any time? Is this the next logical step from latch-key kids? Are they getting any? Am I a prude? Maybe I'm just jealous! I sure wasn't getting that kind of access to the opposite sex when I was their age. Maybe this is just some kind of cycle. Maybe we will soon see kids marrying at 14-15 years of age, again.

I really am kind of surprised to see them out there. They, on the other hand, seem surprised to see me. Maybe I need to start taking a pillow on my walks. Maybe they will think I'm just coming home from some secret rendezvous. Maybe I can make them think the rendezvous was with their mother! Maybe I should start investing in condom manufacturers. Maybe they expect me to just keep getting flabbier. Maybe I need the distraction of a good woman.

Actually, that's the answer to all problems! Here's to good women. May they seek me out and flirt shamelessly!

G'night all.

2 Comments:

Blogger bhd said...

Maybe you could walk with full scuba gear one day. Another day, a lab coat. The next day, camouflage. Make it interesting. Why be like everybody else with a pillow (which is weird enough in itself)?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Yibbyl said...

When I was in 6th grade, I found a gas mask up in the rafters of our garage. Walking along busy streets wearing that was great fun, especially at crosswalks!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home