Friday, January 14, 2005

Day 14277

Tonight, on the way home from work, I quickly took a left turn into the parking lot of my neighborhood video rental store. I won't mention the name until those cheap offspring-of-former-puppies kick down a little sumthin'-sumthin' for the publicity.

Ahem... I'm waiting.

Anyway, on a whim I rented Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Good flick in a Being John Malkovich sort of way. So, I'm getting into the movie - about 1/3 of the way, I suppose - when my phone rings.

"What you up to?", she says.
"Not much, just watching a movie."
"You got a movie? Which one?"
"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."
"Why didn't you call me?"
"I don't know. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing."
"Did you have a bad day?"
"No, kind of ho-hum. I thought it was Thursday until about 3 o'clock, so I guess it got better.", I said.

We gabbed about our day for a while, not really saying anything specific. Flirted a little bit too, which was fun. Then, about 5 minutes into the conversation...

She says, "Do you want me to come over?".
"Sure." (Stand by for a little bit of life imitating art...) "Who am I speaking to?"
"Uh..." Then a click.

I should *69 her. I won't. I want to.

"OK." (Watch the movie)

2 Comments:

Blogger Joni said...

THAT is hilarious!

4:31 AM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

That's effin' hysterical!

I actually just saw that movie a couple of weeks ago and I have to say that I really liked it. More than I thought I would. I was going to do a blog entry about it, but have yet to. Perhaps another time.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home