Sunday, March 13, 2005

Day 14335

Today, I am procrastinating far too much. Actually, I've been doing that the last 2 weeks! In fact, this entry is part of the foolish process! I consider myself to be someone with a significant level of common sense, so what gives? Maybe I'm not the workaholic I think I am. Maybe, deep down, I'm actually quite lazy. Path of least resistance, right? Well, until it's too late.

This link goes to the definition of a barfly. When I looked at it, there was a stupid ad for who knows what, but it had a neat "contest" (yeah, right!) where if you shot the bank robber, you got a free* iPod. (Beware the asterisk, it means there's a catch!) Anyway, I spent at least 5 minutes practicing aiming with the cursor. I didn't pull the trigger, of course, but that's another story. I was looking that word up after I tried looking up "blogfly". I can't believe there was no entry! Surely, I couldn't have been the first person to think of the word, blogfly.

Anyway, I'm officially coming out of the closet and admitting that I am a blogfly. Meaning I frequent blogs, especially those on my "blogs i visit" list. It's an effective way to procrastinate and I frequently get an emotional tug. Usually, I'm made to laugh, sometimes I swallow hard and fight a tear, occaisionally feel frustrated about another's situation, other times I merely get a glimpse at another's mundane daily tasks. Most deliver all of the above. Either way, this smorgousborg is apparantly so much more interesting than my own goings on, that I frequently use it as an escape. Well, and a way to somehow feel connected to others. These blogs are as entertaining as any movie and far superior to the reality TV shows vying for our daily attention. It's also probably not staged, adding to the intrigue. Cheap entertainment, folks! If you are one of the providers, thank you.

OK, back to the front. There's laundry, packing for 2 trips, eating (Doubles as procrastination!), lawnmowing, and of course, paperwork to do. Honestly, I can't wait until this upcoming week is through, still, I do love my job!

Well, I'll be offline for another week. Man, I so need to ditch this computer and get a laptop.

Ciao!

4 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

Keep that computer, AND get a laptop.

11:35 AM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

I agree with Allan. Nothing wrong with having both.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Apparently you ARE the first person to define the word blogfly.

Go here to suggest that definition. Make it public record.

You'll go down in history.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I agree with Allan and NWG! On all counts.

Go claim that word!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home