Monday, February 28, 2005

Day 14322

Well, I'm feeling like a slacker today, so...



bold the states you've been to, underline the states you've lived in and italicize the state you're in now...

Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa / Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / Minnesota / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington D.C /

Go HERE to have a form generate the HTML for you.

So, I swiped this from Alison, who swiped it from Allan, who swiped it from his brother, Mike, who swiped it from Bet. Hmmm, that was a lot of work. I should have just gone (formerly "went") straight to the source!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Sorry, Yibbyl, I can't help it. I'm an English teacher. And I know you know this, but it's 'should have gone'.

[feels better but hopes she hasn't offended]

10:46 PM  
Blogger Yibbyl said...

Hi Ali! It's OK. You'd have to put forth more of an effort to offend me. So, you assume I know, huh? Let me guess, past perfect tense? (I learned more in my Latin classes, than English, but that's not your fault!)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Well, "have gone" would be the present perfect tense, and you've associated it with a modal, "should."

"Went" is the preterit of "go," which is, of course, an irregular verb.

Past perfect would be "had gone."

I wish I'd taken Latin.

2:05 PM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

I took Latin in middle school. Just about the only thing I remember is how to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in Latin.

Well, it did help be with my vocabulary as well.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home