Thursday, March 03, 2005

Day 14325

Wow! What a difference a day makes. Last night I started writing a post. It began something like this..."I have 4 subjects I could write about. One of them is positive, the rest, well you know." (I took a quick break to start laundry) "Well, now there are 4 subjects that aren't as pleasant as puppies. (I got even more bummed out by an amber alert) The odds weren't good to begin with - sorry." ...That's as far as I made it. I never finished that post. (You're welcome!)

So, what caused the big change in attitude? Well, truthfully, I just finished paying my bills! I'm being serious. I just spent a bunch of money paying for necessities and for some past extravagances. Then, I did a budget. I needed a new budget because of something that happened Wednesday. Yesterday, I met with my chiropractor and set up a game plan to get my messed-up back, unmessed-up. The cost was higher than I expected, but I'm going to be able to swing it. It won't be easy, in fact, my savings account will be empty when I'm done. I also might have to have a weekly "sandwich day", so that I'll have some token cash for entertainment, but I'll manage. It'll be tight for the next 4 months, but my chiropractor and I are confident that I will finally be free of pain! It's going to be SO worth it!

When I was younger, and I DON'T mean much younger, I was foolish enough to think I would never need medical insurance or the like. Indestructible, don'tcha know?!? Well, reality stopped by and smacked me on the back of my head! My back has gotten so bad that I collapse to the ground several times a week from the spasms. I don't remember when it stopped being embarrassing and instead scary, but it did.

Now, in 2 weeks, I get to start my treatment! After 4 months, I should feel like a normal person and should only need an infrequent adjustment to maintain status quo. I also will need to wear a 1/2" lift on my left shoe. That leg is a little shorter. Guess how much? :wink: I wasn't mentally prepared to hear that, but, again, the lack of pain will totally be worth it!

Guess all I need now is some patience. Uh-oh! Maybe I could go to a rental yard and get me some. Or maybe I could beg for it on the street. Wouldn't that get some strange looks? Ha!

Anywho...May your muscles never ache and your bones never break (and your heart, too!) Goodnight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

The best of luck with the treatments. I hope they make you feel better quicker than you expect.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

What Allan said.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Yibbyl said...

Thank you both for your kind words!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home