Monday, March 28, 2005

Day 14350

Momma, if you please,
Pass me the pork roll egg and cheese,
If you please, on a kaiser bun.

(All blogs should periodically start with Ween lyrics.)

I was reading this forum on Radio Paradise earlier this evening. It's about the Super Size Me movie. I still have not seen this, but am becoming increasingly interested in doing so. Especially now that this movie has been editted and is being sent to the schools for use in health classes.

I have become increasingly conscious of the state of my health lately and admittedly, need to watch what I eat. I don't eat at McDonald's though, so I have that going for me. The reason I avoid the place has nothing to do with the mega-caloric intake one is exposed to at this chain. Instead, it's about taste, or lack there of. Seriously, how do they manage to make onions taste like nothing? Or "shakes" taste like...just what the hell is that taste?

Also, it's about how my body reacts to ingesting food from McDonald's. The last 3 times I visited a Micky D's and ordered anything not on the breakfast menu, I have become sick. Digestively speaking, the "food" caused me to burn the candle at both ends - 3 classic cases of food poisoning from 3 different restaraunt branches in 2 different towns! On the other hand, maybe it was just my body rejecting all that grease and fat. Either way, I've sworn off the arches. It's been over 2 years since I've been in one. No regrets. I will gladly continue to pay more for food from other establishments that limit the use of sugar and preservatives by creatively incorporating real, fresh food into their meals. Novel idea.

Anyway, one has to wonder how the company will or can stay in business with all the bad publicity, mediocre taste, and, in all likelihood, sick customers it generates. Realistically, there must be more than just myself physically reacting in a negative way to their products. I also suppose this post isn't helping either, but I don't give a rats rump. Some people would have tried to sue McDonald's if they had gotten food poisoning. Me, I'll just continue to spread the gospel of "anywhere but the golden arches". Now, if only I could get Jared's gig!

If I could remember what Julia Child used to say to close her shows, I would use it as my send off right here. Oh, yeah...Bon appetit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Yep. Sometimes I take my kids to "McDo" as it's called here. I usually end up bloated for two hours, then STARVED.

I'd rather have pâté on a baguette, or something like that. ;-)

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home