Sunday, June 12, 2005

Day 14425

What is your idea of a treasure? Way back when in a time when pirates were common, a treasure supposedly was burried and marked with an "X" on a map. I dig pirates, especially Pirates Gold and Pirates of the Carribean. (In fact, I may just watch that movie later tonight!) For others, a family heirloom, or just having a family, is a treasure. To some birds, anything shiny is a treasure. Have you seen this? Ravens and Grackles do it! Kind of cute. I have an arrowhead used for hunting birds most likely by the Arikara Indians that I found at the shore of our cabin in ND when I was about 11. Too me that's a treasure.

I have another treasure I received as a gift. No, not a cherry, you pervs! It was special to this person and I was given it, of course, in a public place! So, there I sat, knowing that it was significant, about to tear up over it, and worried about appearences. *rolls eyes* I might have ruined the moment. I still don't know after all this time. Too afraid to ask. It is very special to me now. Wish I had something to give in return... *sigh* Also wish I could post it here on this blog, but technical difficulties...blah, blah, blah, you know?

Anyway, here's to treasures, whether born, found, received, given, or mapped with an "X". May you cherish yours!

Have a good night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

I love treasures. They come in all sizes and shapes. From Friends and perfect strangers without warning sometimes.

I hope all your treasures are fruitfull ones this and all the days of your life!

and love the Pirates of the Caribbean. Should have put that on my list of things i have never done.

;0)

smiles and pearls to you Yibbyl.

melanie.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Cherish is one of those words that I love that we don't see used very much these days.

I think that fits beautifully.

We share a whole lot of ourselves out here in blogland, my friend, but I would bet that some private moments are perfectly preserved just like that, privately.

*hug*

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home