Friday, May 13, 2005

Day 14396

This morning started off as good as any other and was highlighted by a successful attempt to make someone, who was in a lot of pain, laugh. And I mean laugh a lot. It lingered long enough to cause some inappropriate laughter while he was on the phone. No real harm nor foul, however. I know now is the opportune time to explain to you just what was so funny, but it is one of those "you had to be there" moments... I asked, "Doesn't the cowboy hat get in the way?". See what I mean?

Then, later this afternoon, I had to abruptly cut short my visit to Chico and drive somewhere else and tell an individual he was no longer working for the company. The person I fired was a terrific guy, whose only faults were that he was too slow physically and somewhat slow mentally. He just wasn't a good fit for the job. In addition, I suddenly had too much manning in that location due to a transfer. For clarification, the afternoon sucked.

Tonight, I finally relaxed enough to fall asleep on the couch. I just woke up and checked a car battery that was on a charger. It doesn't appear to be charging. Looks like I'm going to have to cough up some dough for a new one tomorrow. So tomorrow appears like it will be starting off a little sucky as well.

I should buy a lottery ticket tomorrow, too...and a pacifier...and a package of Fla-Vor-Ice popsicles...especially the popsicles. My friends and I used to eat Fla-Vor-Ice while sitting in a friend's jacuzzi until the wee hours of the morning back when we were in High School. The blue ones were my favorite - I think they were raspberry. We'd talk and laugh and look for shooting stars and satellites. I wish I was doing that now.

Well, looks like I nodded off there for a bit. Time to stop fighting it and just go to bed. Good night folks.

---Editted for correct spelling as of 8:36 AM!---

5 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

If memeory serves, the raspberry Flav-O-Ice pops turn your tongue blue, too.

Hope your weekend turns out to be a good one.

2:01 AM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

A pacifier, no. Fla-Vor-Ice most definitely. I always try and buy one of the huge boxes when they go on sale at the end of Spring/beginning of Summer. Something so refreshing about them.

I'm partial to the bright green ones.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Yibbyl said...

The green ones are my 2nd fa-vor-ite! BTW, thanks for the correct spelling NWG.

8:39 AM  
Blogger bhd said...

Go for the pacifier. Just don't use it in public. I had one in college, don't really remember why, but it was just the ticket.

I want to say, sometimes a gal just needs to suck on something, but I will refrain from doing so. It wouldn't be prudent.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Yibbyl said...

bhd, I love you!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home