Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Day 14406 (freakin' early edition)

Anyone else up at this ungaƤdly hour? I've been awake since 3:30 AM! Side-effect of habitually staying awake late at night, only to screw it up by going to bed early last night! Make sense? Oh, good - I just yawned! Maybe more sleep is on the way.

Meanwhile, any of you see the moon earlier? Simply beautiful! Its almost orangish color was probably aided by the local haze/pollution, but hey, glass half-full, right? For long as I can remember, I've been fascinated by the moon. It always amazed me just how well you could see at night when it was full. Add to it, the shear apparent size and proximity of that celestial body...well, I've always dreamt of going there.

I remember when the first space shuttle was launched. I thought for sure that people would be soon taking recreational trips into space. First, the very rich, then I thought, with savings due to a larger scale of operations, the average joe could afford to take a trip as well! Probably a little too far ahead of schedule, no? Today, I highly doubt I will ever get to see earth from more than 30-something thousand feet up. Not very optimistic, I know, but hey, the glass can't always be half-full.

Hmm. I've been in a rut lately, where I have been leaning a little more towards the negative in my views or viewpoints. It's not making me any happier, for sure, and it seems to be driving some people away froim me. From me, even! I'm going to leave that typo in. Kind of a reminder that I'm (we're) not perfect, but can choose to make changes. Anyway, I think today, after I wake up again, I am going to actively look for the good in things and people whenever I can.

So, for starters...I get to go back to bed and actually don't have to be at work until noon! That is cool! Later in the day, I will be going to Stockton...a town I usually refer to as being even worse than Sacramento. Today, I'm going to choose to embrace the trip as a new experience. Something out of my usual routine. Gonna try to see if I can't spill a little water out of the glass! If I can do it for one day and then add another, soon it will be my modus operandi again.

Ok, I'm off to dive back underneath the covers...Have a good day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You got to sleep in and I didn't!

Darn sleep fairies keep stealing all my Z's!

Hope it was a good trip for ya!

*hug*

~M~

(I deleted the first one 'cuz the lack of self-editing bit me on the rear!)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

i was feeling the same way about the moon.

even wrote a poem about it.

wondered who else was lookin, besides the world.

keep em comin!

melanie

6:19 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Did you move out of the country?

Where are ya?

Where's that list?

Doncha miss me?

*g*

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home