Sunday, February 13, 2005

Day 14307

So, today I finished the yard work I wasn't able to get to last weekend and came across something surprising. See, earlier in the week, I had taken out the garbage and one of the bags broke. During the spill, a glass jar of Kraft Miracle Whip broke, causing me to swear with reckless abandon! Well, I was on my way in to work when this happened and so I just left it there. Unfortunately, I forgot about it...until today. The white concoction was still white, but had dried out. The location of the spill was in an area that can't get wet from rain, but is also shaded from the sun. So, here's the deal...NO MOLD!

How can it be that something humans injest, won't grow mold in a cool, humid (it didn't get wet, but it's been humid here lately) place after admittedly 4 days? Shouldn't all forms of real food grow mold? My only conclusion is that I should not be eating this stuff! However, I like the taste of Miracle Whip and can't stand regular Mayo. You see my dilemma?

Anyway, after the yardwork was done, I cleaned my garage. To say it needed it was an understatement. I now have tools stored with like tools and can even walk around the car. Of course, I can't start this car, but I can get around it! And next weekend, when I get 2 whole days off in a row, I can use my newly organized tools to fix the car. I think I got about 4 more hours of work to do on it before it starts. At least, I hope that is all that will be required. Anyway, I'm babbling...the garage is clean! Twas an exciting day!

Still, the Miracle Whip incident was bothering me. Today is Sunday, I should be resting, not getting stressed out by something Kraft sells. So, I grabbed a Mirror Pond out of the fridge and climbed into my hammock. Georgia, the neighbor's kitty, spotted me and decided to join me...for the relaxation, not the beer. She hopped up on my stomach and started cat-napping, which is a form of sleep cats have perfected, but have refused to teach us. Bastids! Well, I polished off the beer and followed her lead.

I was still wearing just jeans and a t-shirt. It was cloudy today, but comfortably cool - I'd say about 60 degrees - and a very light mist was trying to reach us through the oak tree branches. Once in a while I would feel some light drops, but it was pretty rare. I awoke about 5:30 pm, with goose bumps on my arms and no sign of Georgia. Got me a solid 1-1/2 hour nap! The stress of the week has disapeared, but I'm still not buying Miracle Whip anymore. I'll get Thousand Island dressing instead, as only a portion of it is made from a mayonaise-like product! Join the revolution!

Good evening folks...time for some supper.

3 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

It was the acidity of Miracle Whip that saved it.

My mother never refrigerated mayonnaise after opening it. And she never killed any of us with it.

7:10 PM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

Never did develop a taste for Miracle Whip... just don't like that little sweet tanginess it has.

And if you're on a cleaning spree, perhaps you can swing by here and overhaul my apartment for me.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

No! Not Miracle Whip!

On the other hand, I'm pretty scared that Allan's mom never refrigerated mayo.

There's a middle ground in there somewhere, I feel sure.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home