Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Day 14302

OK, so I have never pretended that this was a site devoted to food or cooking, but I saw an image that Rexi posted of Züri Gschnätzlets over at the forum titled Show Us Your Local Cuisine on the best radio station on the `net. Here's what it looks like...Mmmmm.



So, I had to go hunting for a recipe. The problem is I don't speak or read Swiss and those online translation sites give you such quirky responses, they lose a lot of the meaning. Anway, I finally found a recipe in English and here it is. I'd love to cook this for dinner tonight, but I need to go find some "gravy-powder". Looks like it's an European thing. Well, at least, I've never heard of it before. Also, I need to figure out how in the heck you are supposed to "increase the heat, but do NOT cook it"?!? What am I supposed to do, turn up the heat, but take the pan off the stove and stare at the burner?

So, to me, it looks like it just belongs with some lightly herbed and buttered noodles, no? I just can't see myself serving this with hash browns, a food I've reserved strictly for breakfasts. And, no, I don't give a crap about carbs. What a load of crock that diet is anyway. I've lived in SE Asia, trust me, you can be thin and eat tons of carbs! Millions of people do it! You just have to eat slowly, stop eating when you are full, and get some frickin' exercise!

Anyway, I digress. I've got today off from work, a clean kitchen, a healthy appetite, and a hankerin' for some dish I can't pronounce! Time to go buy some groceries!

Have a good afternoon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Um, bon appétit?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Good luck finding that gravy powder.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Yibbyl said...

Hey Allan, guess you knew something I didn't. I ordered some gravy-powder online and to make the shipping less of an issue, I got some black currant preserves as well. Big disappointment tonight...I'm having brats and Au Grautin potatoes instead. Good, but nothing new.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Where'd you find the black currant preserves?

10:13 PM  
Blogger Yibbyl said...

Hey Allan,
I ordered the preserves and powder from this site...

http://www.capeone.com/store/british/food/

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home